Monday, December 12, 2011

Snowflake Holiday Party


We hosted a holiday party for our friends this past weekend. 

Snowflake-themed party printables from Bird's Party served as the inspiration for the party...
and for my made-from-scratch snowflake cookies! :-)

Take a look...

I made the wreath using a variety of picks and ornaments from Michaels


We asked all the guests to bring a new, unwrapped gift to donate to charity. 
I'm planning on dropping these off this week with my son. I think it will be a great way to teach him about helping others. 



Everyone had so much fun with the photo booth at the Spiderman Party that it has become 
a party staple for me! 


I decorated with peppermint and candy cane trees and peppermint toparies, which were inspired by some of my very favorite party people at Anders Ruff and Pizzazzerie



The dessert buffet was very much scaled down from the Spiderman party since this was an adults-only event (I find that adults really don't eat as much sugar as their kiddos!) Also, in an effort to be a little cost conscious, and because I'd been dying to experiment a little, I made all the desserts myself! 


This was only my second time experimenting with making my own sugar cookies with royal icing, but I was quite pleased with the results. 


The double chocolate fudge cake pops were such a hit that I had to make a second batch the day after the party for some of the guests who stayed over! :-)


I made cupcakes from scratch and even made fondant toppers to top them with! Working with fondant has always intimated me, but these were surprisingly easy to make. 


Okay, yes, I did buy (not make) the rock candy! :-)


I used a snowflake-shaped silicone muffin pan to mold the home-made peppermint bark 
into snowflake shapes.


We also served a full dinner--also homemade!


 But the bar was really the star of the show! :-)


I sent everyone home with a home-made pumpkin, walnut spice bread. 


Tutorials on the cookies, fondant toppers and peppermint bark to follow soon. 




2 comments:

  1. All of your desserts were seriously AWESOME. You should be way proud of your royal icing job too! It's hard, I've never gotten it to look that good. And mini pumpkin breads to take home?? You rocked it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks amazing! I love the snowflake theme, we have alot of that in our house right now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...