Saturday, January 1, 2011

Winter Warmer Party, Featured By Austin Woman Magazine

I am so excited to FINALLY be able to tell everyone what I've been working on! In early November, I was asked by Austin Woman Magazine to design a winter party for its January issue, which hit the newsstands today! They asked me to come up with a theme for the party, style the party, and write an article about the party!

Since its cold outside, I thought what better than a Winter Warmer party, with a hot chocolate and marshmallow tasting bar!? Yum! I was lucky enough to be able to enlist my good friend, Bird, from Bird's Party to design a set of custom party printables to match my wintry theme, using frosty blue and white snowflakes, with hints of cocoa. Thanks Bird!

Here is what the article looks like (you can read the whole article in the digital edition of the magazine, by visiting their website at www.austinwomanmagazine.com).




The central concept of the party was a hot chocolate mixing station, where guests could create their own custom blend of hot chocolate, using one of several flavors of hot cocoa and a variety of toppings. Here are some more photos of the hot chocolate tasting bar.
















The magazine has asked me to write a second article for their February issue! Yippee!! So be sure to check back next month to see the details from my "Bee my Valentine" kids party, with a cute little pink and black bumble bee theme. Bird will once again be collaborating with me, by designing custom party printables for the party! 

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the magazine feature -- and such a pretty "Winter Warmer" idea! Looking forward to your February article, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...looks amazing! Congrats on the feature!
    I'm you newest follower :)

    ~Crystal
    www.thecraftycrystal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so amazing - good for you! And it's beautiful too, perfect for winter. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. STUNNING WORK!!!! Such a pleasure to have worked with such a talented lady!!

    way to go my sweet!!
    XOXO
    Bird

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the great feedback! I appreciate it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Courtney!! It means so much coming from someone as uber talented as you! I love your site!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...